We are Changing Our Name and Our Reach
Market dynamics, financial shifts, and technology changes are altering the landscape of healthcare right before our eyes. As healthcare systems merge, acquire, separate, and shift within their regions, the need to connect with other strategy and market development professionals is more imperative now than ever before.
Healthcare companies are no longer constrained by city, state, or region, as many now cross a number of borders. To reflect this change in the market, the Carolinas Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (CSHSMD) is expanding its reach beyond North and South Carolina. CSHSMD will now be known as the Southeast Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (SESHSMD), and we are adding five states to our charter. Our chapter will now serve North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi and include strategy and business development professionals from hospitals and health systems located throughout these seven states, as well as the vendors that serve them.
In addition, we have some other exciting announcements to make:
- Our Fall Conference will be in-person this year! Save the date for October 21 & 22 and plan on meeting us in Asheville, NC. Registration information will be released soon. We can’t wait to see everyone again!
- We strive to keep our membership fees as low as possible, creating perhaps one of the most affordable professional organizations in which to belong in the Country. While we were able to waive our annual membership dues for 2020 and 2021 as we shifted to all virtual programming during the pandemic, we will be reinstating a new dues structure for 2022 so that we can provide more in-person events and other member benefits. Our new membership fee will be effective on January 1, 2022. Until then, anyone who has attended an event this year (including if you register for our in-person Fall Conference) will be a member of SESHSMD for 2021. Click here to view membership dues information for 2022.
- SESHSMD and the Healthcare Planning & Marketing Society of New Jersey (HPMSNJ) are excited to announce a new partnership aimed at enhancing the benefits and reach of each organization. Benefits of this partnership for our members currently include:
- Free participation in each other’s virtual programs, thereby expanding opportunities for educational content
- Access to recordings of each organization’s past virtual programs, expanding our library of knowledge and information
- Quarterly leadership meetings to share best practices, processes, and templates, enabling both organizations to improve and grow
To read more about this partnership, click here.
While our name, reach, and look have changed, our mission will not. We will continue to provide excellent educational and networking opportunities for professionals involved in healthcare strategy and market development in the Southeast.
We are excited about this new “chapter” in the growth of our organization. We look forward to discussing it with you in-person in the coming months.
The SESHSMD Board